- Our Services
- Crisis Communications
- Cryptocurrency Practice
- Digital Influence
- Executive Communications
- Foundations & Philanthropy
- Healthcare Communications
- Litigation, Regulation, Investigation
- Multicultural Communications
- Political Consulting
- Strategic Communications
- Cyber Security Practice
- Technology Practice
- Women’s Practice
- Our Work
- Our People
- In the News
- Contact Us
Posted October 5, 2015
SKDK is looking to fill a Senior Associate level position in the communications division of its Los Angeles office.
Job Requirements or Qualifications
In this position, the Senior Associate will work with account managers on a range of corporate, association, non-profit and political clients. Ideal candidates are driven, self-starters with the ability to grasp complex subject matter quickly and work well within teams. Candidates must possess strong writing skills, digital fluency, experience in managing media relations and the ability to formulate creative communications strategies and messages. Previous experience in press, consulting or politics is a must.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Help lead work on client’s strategic communications needs, which include project management, media relations, crisis communications, content and messaging development, and other activities as needed.
- Draft op-eds, press releases, media advisories, Q&A, talking points, statements, as well as other communications documents.
- Pitch stories and develop relationships with local and national media.
- Help develop communications strategy with clients.
- Draft new business proposals and participate in brainstorms for prospects and current clients.
- Be an active participant in creating business goals and developing the culture of the office.
- 4-6 years of experience in public relations, journalism or politics.
- Excellent writing and verbal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt and respond quickly to changing landscapes and to work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Understanding of social media tools (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and how they can be used in a communications campaign.
- California experience is preferable, but not required.
- 401K/403B, Bonuses, Dental, Health
- To apply, email your resume to [email protected]