SKDKnickerbocker, New York State’s leading public affairs and communications shop, is looking to fill a Vice President (VP) level position in its public relations division in our Albany office. In this position, the VP will work with the teams in D.C., New York and Albany on a range of clients from both the corporate (real estate, telecom, financial) and non-profit (education-reform and healthcare) sectors. High-quality writing skills are a must. Previous experience engaging the Albany and New York press corps a real plus.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Leading teams to work on client’s strategic communications needs, which include client management, general media placement, crisis management, narrative and message development, among others
• Creative approaches to clients’ communications issues
• Corresponding with reporters and other press corps members
• Managing clients’ needs
• Seek out new business opportunities
Specific Qualifications Include:
• 7-10 years of public relations experience
• Excellent writing, editing, analytical and verbal skills.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Extensive experience engaging the Albany, New York City and national press corps
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated leader and effective team manager
• Successful candidates must work well under pressure and thrive in a deadline driven, rapidly changing environment.
If you are interested in joining our team, send your resume to [email protected].