SKDKnickerbocker, New York State’s leading public affairs and communications shop, is looking to fill a Senior Associate level position in its public relations division. In this position, the Senior Associate will work with account managers on a range of clients from crisis management, corporate and non-profit sectors. High-quality writing skills are a must. Previous experience engaging the Albany and New York press corps a real plus.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Drafting press releases, media advisories, Q&A, talking points, statements, as well as other communications documents.
• Conducting background research and compiling overview briefs.
• Pitching stories to local, regional and national media outlets.
• Staffing press conferences, events, forums and other client activities.
• Participating in regular strategy calls with clients.
• 3-6 years of experience in public relations, journalism or politics.
• Excellent writing and verbal skills.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to adapt and respond quickly to changing landscapes and to work well under pressure and deadlines.
• Understanding of social media tools (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and how they can be used in a communications campaign.
If you are interested in joining our team, send your resume to [email protected].